Job Title: Client Services Supervisor and CRM Administrator
Department: Client Services
Location: Emeryville, CA
Reports to: Director, Client Services
Alibris is the premier exchange for independent sellers of books, video games, music and movies. We offer more than 100 million used, new, and out-of-print items from thousands of independent sellers in over 40 countries through our web sites (www.alibris.com, www.alibris.co.uk), as well as partner sites like Barnes & Noble, Waterstone's (UK), Chapters/Indigo (Canada), Half.com and eBay. Founded in 1998 and acquired by Oak Hill Capital Partners in 2006, Deloitte named Alibris a "Fast 50" and a "Technology Fast 500" growth business. We are a profitable, growth-oriented company expanding both domestically and internationally.
Located in Emeryville, Alibris offers growth opportunities, competitive benefits and compensation, including stock options. If you enjoy working as part of a team where your creativity and insights will make a difference, we'd love to hear from you.
This position is responsible for supervising staff as well as managing departmental reporting, metrics, analysis and other administrative duties in our CRM (Client Relationship Management) software. The individual in this position is specifically responsible for allocating workload daily to a staff of 3 to 10 and resolving escalated customer and seller issues. He or she will be reporting departmental metrics on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to upper management. He or she will also be responsible for reading, analyzing, routing and responding to a wide variety of client inquiries. Clients of Alibris are both customers who buy products from Alibris and sellers who sell products on Alibris and its partner sites. These inquiries are resolved via email, live chat and phone support. The inquiries are generally related to order tracking, shipment problems, order confirmations, payments, account access, cancellations and inventory. He or she must be able to provide cheerful, helpful, excellent service to Alibris clients in a timely fashion while maintaining a positive attitude and calm demeanor. This position will require close communication with technical teams and operations. This position requires intermittent weekend and holiday work. The job environment and tools are constantly changing, so flexibility is a must.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise staff for administrative needs and performance management
- Respond to client inquiries accurately, rapidly and in a friendly, helpful, patient manner.
- Help retain Alibris clients and build loyalty by kindly and effectively solving client problems.
- Be a primary point of contact for customers shopping on the Alibris web sites and sellers listing and selling on the Alibris websites and partner websites.
- Work with other Alibris departments to solve problems.
- Track common client inquiries and important technical issues with a view to preemptive/proactive solutions; contribute ideas that lead to improvements.
- Promote current and upcoming features of the site and the company.
- Serve as primary internal source of information about the needs, desires, experiences and perceptions of our web customers with a view to helping Alibris anticipate and exceed customer expectations.
- Engage in developing systems, policies and processes for this growing department.
- Develop, track, manage to, and report on internal and external metrics and service levels, including but not limited to response time, CS Associate productivity, and client issues.
- Manage daily changes to the CRM and its documentation.
- Provide accurate reports on departmental metrics in a timely manner and quickly comprehensible format.
- Monitor and maintain workload of CSR's to ensure a balanced flow of distribution.
- May provide backup support and OCD (on call duty) on nights, weekends and holidays for B2B Operations Manager.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must truly enjoy helping others and working as part of a team to solve problems.
- 3 years experience as a supervisor in Customer Service, Tech Support or experience in a related field.
- Savvy computer skills including good working knowledge of MS office, keyboard shortcuts, high typing speed, and internet usage.
- 3 years administrative experience with RightNow or SalesForce CRMs.
- Database, SQL and HTML experience highly desired.
- Excellent reading comprehension and written and verbal communication skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Self-directed with strong initiative and excellent judgment and follow-through.
- Ability to identify and solve problems effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills –polite, patient, even-tempered, with a positive attitude.
- Ability to retain and access a large quantity of information.
- Excellent prioritization, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment – flexibility is a must.
- Energetic, personable, down-to-earth, fun demeanor is also a must!
- Previous experience with e-commerce (online shopping) highly desired.
- Higher education degree required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS. Stuff our lawyers say you need to know. The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment. Some stress may occur.
- Occasional travel.
- Dog, plant and fish friendly environment
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com,
or fax to Attn: HR Manager at 510-550-6054.