Job Title: Email Marketing Manager
Location: Emeryville, CA
Reports to: Director of Marketing Services
About Monsoon Commerce
Monsoon Commerce powers merchant success online. More than 20,000 online merchants use Monsoon Commerce—and more than 90% of them have grown sales as a result. We're rapidly growing, privately held and looking for people with a desire to learn, contribute and help our customers thrive.
For more than a decade, our e-commerce solutions and experts have helped businesses grow profitably. Our business model is built on your ongoing success of our customers, helping them:
- Sell more products in more places online through leading marketplaces like Amazon, Buy.com and eBay and by integrating with leading ecommerce platforms like Magento, Yahoo! Stores, Miva, Volusion and more.
- Control and price inventory more profitably through our patented pricing engine solutions.
- Improve the efficiency of their business operations through software automation and expert advice.
- Extend product selection by providing access to our network of merchants, powering marketplaces and supply chain solutions for partners like Barnes & Noble, Chapters/Indigo (Canada), Half Price Books, Waterstone's (UK) and a dozen other leading retailers.
Monsoon Commerce also owns and operates Alibris, the premier online marketplace for independent sellers of books, music and movies. Alibris offers more than 150 million new and used books, movie and music items from thousands of independent sellers in over 50 countries to consumers through our consumer web sites (www.alibris.com, www.alibris.co.uk) and Library Services group.
Learn more about us at monsooncommerce.com
Join a great place to work and grow! If you're passionate about e-commerce, and want to work with a team of people dedicated to helping online merchants succeed, consider a career with us. We are privately held and focused on results. We have a positive, open, honest, and supportive company culture. Located in [Emeryville, California, we are easily accessible by BART, Amtrak, bus, car, or bike]. Monsoon Commerce offers competitive benefits and compensation, including stock options. If you would like to come work as a team member whose creativity and insights will make a difference; we'd love to hear from you.
We are seeking a creative and flexible Marketer who wants ownership over two unique email programs, supporting our Seller community and our institutional Library business.
The Email Marketing Managerworks within a four-person Marketing Services Team, to ensure that all email initiatives are executed on time, within budget, and in accordance with business goals and established metrics.
For our seller community you'll primarily leverage email as a means to recruit new sellers.You'll also work to improve seller satisfaction, engagement and their sales success. Email will be your means to deliver a compelling, relevant, and consistent communications experience that carries throughout the seller lifecycle.
For our library business you'll work to drive positive marketing ROI, lift purchase conversion, and expand share of wallet. You'll evolve our existing program to a CRM-based email program employing strategic, segment-based messaging and couponing.
This position's duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Content Development (email and landing pages)
- Manage internal resources, and outside contractors, to code and design email content. Source contractors, write Creative Briefs and oversee content development.
- Work with internal and external resources to produceengaging and effective email copy
- Upload, integrate and troubleshoot content issues within our Email Service Provider's Platform (Acxiom Digital)
- QA content implementation, display and link function across multiple email clients and browser combinations
- Execute on all aspects of the email process from conception, content development, data management, targeting, QA, launch and monitoring of email delivery
- Manage data provisioning, extended data partners, and build targetable segments
- Manage & prioritize campaign schedules to hit milestones and ensure launch dates
Metrics and Analysis
- Conduct performance testing to optimize key metrics like Open Rates, CTR, andseller signup conversion.
- Partner with the Marketing Analyst to interpret program results with the goal of improving future performance
- Partner with our ESP to implement automated emails, such as a welcome series to onboard and nurture new Sellers
- Working with the Business Owners, evolve each email program to a data-driven, segmented CRM (Library) and Lifecycle (Seller) program.
- Develop and optimize triggered email communications (event and behavioral) to deliver timely, relevant messages.
- Identify new Transactionalemail opportunities and execute against them
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required..
- 5+ years in email marketing, preferably with an institutional, library or educational program
- Experience working with an enterprise level ESP, such as Acxiom Digital or Responsys
- Analytical thinker with a firm understanding of email testing/optimization
- Strong interpersonal, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to embrace and learn new technologies and systems
- Understanding of effective email design, messaging, usability, and best practices
- Strength in marketing analytics and metrics
- Ability to manage and manipulate data using Microsoft Access, Excel and SQL and Salesforce
- Experience with analytics tools such as Coremetrics and Google Analytics
- Experience with customer segmentationand lifecycle marketing
- Solid writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Familiarity with email design and coding concepts (HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver, etc.)
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS. Stuff our lawyers say you need to know. The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment. Some stress may occur.
- Occasional travel.
- Dog, plant and fish friendly environment
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com,
or fax to Attn: HR Manager at 510-550-6054.