The City School: 425 Years of Queen Elizabeth's Hospital

by

Write The First Customer Review

QEH opened in 1590 in line with the instructions laid down in John Carr's will of 1586. Always known as the City School, it has occupied three sites in and around the centre of Bristol. The current site in Berkeley Place was opened in 1847. In its 425th anniversary year, the school has 570 senior boys and over 100 boys in the Junior School and is rightly marketed as Bristol's Best Boys' School. The founder and the other historic benefactors would be very proud of the school as it exists today, as wherever possible it ...

The City School: 425 years of Queen Elizabeth's Hospital 2014, Shire Publications, London

ISBN-13: 9780747814153

Paperback

Select