On August 21, 1741, the area west of what is now the town of West Warwick was incorporated into the Township of Coventry. The railroad would traverse Coventry in the mid-1800s, providing the gristmills, sawmills, and farmers with a quicker way to send their goods to market and to receive supplies in return. Along with the railroad came the industry of harvesting wood to supply the locomotives with fuel. In the mid-1900s, the railroads disappeared and the mills began moving south where cotton was grown. The majority of ...

Coventry 2013, Arcadia Publishing (SC)

ISBN-13: 9781467120456

Trade paperback

Select
Coventry 2013, Arcadia Publishing Library Editions

ISBN-13: 9781531672270

Hardcover

Select